If I were given a choice of leaving today or leaving April 3, I'd still prefer today. I had spent a lot of time thinking about a hike strategy and working out a schedule. I wanted to leave in early March so I could stay on the front edge of the hiker bubble, not the middle, and to get out of the south before the hottest temperatures of the summer creep in.
It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that I was disappointed I wasn't able to start my hike today as planned. Still, there isn't any point in dwelling on that.
When the choice of leaving today was taken away I started rethinking everything. In the end, I decided to hope for the best, that I could leave in early April, and use the extra time I have for more preparation. Besides getting in more training, I'm trying to complete a few tasks around the house and making some improvements to this website. I've also picked up some extra freelance work to do.
I was ready. I'll be ready again.